Vôo livre.


(17 janvier, 2009)


Dans un paysage aussi splendide,
quoi de mieux que de se donner des ailes
pour l'admirer à sa pleine grandeur.


''À go, cours aussi vite que tu peux.
Okay! 3, 2, 1, ... go!''


Après sept pas,
la plateforme disparaît sous mes pieds.


Et puis, plus rien.

Plus aucun son.

Mon corps, maintenant à l'horizontal.

Mes jambes se balancent dans le vide.
Le vent me caresse chaleureusement le visage.


À droite, la montagne escarpée

d'où je viens de m'élancer.
Sa présence est indéniable.
À gauche, le tumulte de la ville n'est plus.
Sa silhouette est séduisante.
À l'horizon, la plage laisse place à la mer, s'entremêlant au ciel.
C'est d'un bleu hypnotisant.

Mes yeux sont éblouis.
Mes poumons, comblés.
Moi-même, bouche-bée.
Un sentiment à la fois palpitant et apaisant.

Un moment dont je me souviendrai,
Ces quinze minutes suspendu à un gigantesque cerf-volant.

Libre comme l'air,
Tout comme un oiseau.

Entre ciel et terre.

















(January 17, 2009)

Amidst a landscape so splendid,
what better way than to grow wings
to admire it to its fullest.

''When I say go, run as fast as you can.
Okay! 3, 2, 1, ... go!
''

After seven steps, the platform disappears under my feet.

And then, nothing.
Not a sound.

My body, now horizontal.
My legs swaying in the void.
The wind gently caressing my face.

To the right,

the mountain off which I have just lept.
Its presence is colossal.
To the left,
the chaos of the city is no longer.
Its silhouette is seductive.
To the horizon,

the beach gives way to the sea,
intertwining with the skies.
A hypnotizing state of blue.

My eyes are bewildered.
My lungs, fulfilled.
Myself, overwhelmed.
A feeling at once exhilarating and soothing.

A moment forever etched,
Fifteen minutes suspended to a gigantic kite.

More bird than human,
Given to fly.

Between earth and sky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...WOW....WOW What an experience!!!!
I'm so happy for you guys for the once in a lifetime opportunities..
Wish I was there with you (but watching from the ground...ha ha)
Love you lots

Anonymous said...

Wow sa doit avoir eter quetchose sa a expirimenter, j'suis contente pour toi que tu puisse realiser tes reves,,, profite en ,,
a la prochaine xo

Anonymous said...

Wow is the word. My favorite entry so far, I love it, and I love the pictures. It seems so beautiful. You seem so happy hanging on for dear life. Ça me fais chaud au coeur.

Anonymous said...

It must be heavenly to experience what a bird feels like. I'm so happy for you guys so happy that your having the time of your lives. Keep on enjoying this beautiful life.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Papoune,

Just wanted to share this with you. I showed Maurice your pictures on your blog the other day. He told me "you and your wife must so proud of your daughters." He got emotional and was so amazed at how some one's daughter could travel so far away from home to another country, and fly from a giant kite just like a bird. With a lump in my throat, I responded "yes my wife and I did a pretty good job as parents and this picture is the proof. How true it is that we as parents give our children many beautiful gifts throughout their life, but the most precious of them all is loving roots and beautiful wings...

The world is your oyster savory every bite...

Love Dad