Um pequeno paraíso.


(January 28, 2009)

In the wonderful company of Kelcy (from Brazil) and Ran (from Israel), we took advantage of our last day in Foz do Iguaçú to visit the lively Parque dos Aves (Bird Park). We were there for over three hours, in awe at the wide variety of tropical birds, butterflies, and reptiles. We could even walk freely among some of them inside large cages... truly a mesmerizing experience. A highlight was this one area specific to butterflies and hummingbirds, where we could wander around quietly as gorgeous butterflies and hummingbirds flew literally right in front of our eyes, by our ears, and over our heads. We all wanted to capture a photo of the impressive metallic blue morpho butterflies, but they seemed a little camera shy and never stood still. But all in all, it was nothing short of magical.

We saw birds of unimaginably vivid colours (and even one bird species with stylish mullets), we nearly got attacked by a few toucans, we got our feet pecked at by curious large birds with puffy hairdos and a fetish for shoelaces, we held a parrot on our arm and a boa constrictor around our neck, and we finished the day off to the acoustic sounds of a salsa band, enjoying a good meal with two genuine individuals.

To quote one of them : ''I don't know if heaven exists, but if it does, I imagine it to be something like this. Birds, butterflies, harps, good friends, and complete serenity.''

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow pareil tas de differents oiseaux. C'est des tres belles photos. Quand j'ai arrive au deux dernieres photos, j'ai eu des frissons....Toi et Dominic avez pri une belle photo mais je peux pas en dire autant pour la snake....yirkkk

Vous avez vraiment l'air heureux.
Je vous aime beaucoup

Anonymous said...

Oh la la,, Chantal serai heureuse la de voir sa,,,un pti paradis pour elle,, le Boa la il est beau sur vous autre,, moi j'aura pas pu faire sa ha ha,,,vous avez l'air a voir plusieurs chose ces beau,, realiser ces reves,, continuer,,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bird photos. You guys obviously don't have a snake phobia... Keep the great pics coming.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the pictures. I wish there would have been one of the mullet bird, that one sounded the most interesting. I can't believe you had a snake around your neck, and it's so weird because I dreamed an entire dream of snakes last night. I love that quote from one of the guys you were with. It's unbelievable, it seems like you guys are in a movie, not real life. It just seems so perfect.
I am so happy for you both.